Sunday, June 22, 2014

REVIEW: NEW SKINNY COW CHOCOLATE MOUSSE GANACHE ICE CREAM CONES


I have been doing Weight Watchers since January (I have lost 30 pounds so far) and I am always looking for new things to try for dessert that aren't going to break the bank of my daily points. I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth and I cannot go a day without eating something remotely sweet so when I saw these at the grocery store I knew immediately that I needed to try them. Each cone is 4 points which is reasonable for a decent sized ice cream cone (I'd take a picture of one out of the box but I unfortunately ate all of them, hehe).

For 4 points you are a getting creamy chocolate ice cream with an almost whipped cream tasting vanilla flavored ice cream as well as a pretty generous chunk of chocolate. This ice cream doesn't even taste like it's healthy in the slightest. There's no weird texture or flavor, it's just simply a delicious tasting ice cream. My favorite part is the chocolate ganache at the top which is AMAZING. I kind of wish there was more of it but then again, I'd like to keep it low in points! The cone isn't soft, it's crispy and something I love about Skinny Cow ice cream cones: there's a surprise at the bottom of the cone. A nice chunk of chocolate. LOVE.

So basically:
1. Doesn't taste low in fat
2. Yummy ganache piece
3. Crispy cone that isn't soggy
4. Creamy ice cream
5. Obsessed (I am)!!!

Definitely a great treat for dessert that is low in points. I have repurchased these probably four or five times. I also recommend the mint ganache flavor as well! I'm not a huge mint ice cream person but those were delicious as well. :)

I give these a 4/5. I take one point off because unfortunately anywhere I go Skinny Cow is pushing about 5 bucks a box. A little pricey for some of us on a budget but they are so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment